Monday, October 13, 2008

Reflections on...nieces and nephews!!


Beautiful baby Isabelle!!

My cute munchkin nieces Sammy, Isabelle, and Corrianne and my adorable nephew Maxwell.

Maxwell and Corrianne make faces, happy for the extra attention from a visiting aunt!

Sammy makes me smile!!

Maxwell got shy and wanted to run from the roving camera lens.


During my weekend getaway, I got to meet a new addition to my family since I came to Syracuse--little Isabelle Bice. It was a quick visit but always a joy to run around with girls that I adore and little Maxwell is growing up to be an adorable boy! He is talking more and rough housing more, asking me to make him "fall" as I tossed him around and rolled back with him in my lap. They are getting to be so big and it's hard to be so far away when they used to be just up the road! Corrianne is now in kindergarten and Sammy in Preschool. But, thankfully they still remember their Aunt Kristine and were excited to steal me away to play princess games and wanted to run around outside with me. I love these kids!!!

Nieces and nephews have been a big part of my life. I didn't have any younger siblings but was the default babysitter since my first nephew, Spencer, was born when I was 9. I've been really blessed to get to know them as they grow up and as I grew up myself. While my siblings have been at very different stages in life than I was as I grew up, I have lots of good memories of each little unique addition to our ever-bigger family. I'm excited to see Isabelle gain her own personality and add her touch to the family dynamic. So, it may be a little late, but congrats Suzanne!! And, thanks for the visit!

No comments: