Friday, October 3, 2008

Liberation!!

So, amidst the variety of entries in this, my personal blog, I've gone from a travel log and research commentary of my time as a Fulbrighter in Paraguay to my return to the USA and the process of combating culture shock to my current status as a graduate student in Syracuse. Throughout, I have found little continuity since i was really letting the location dictate my entries and didn't take a lot of time to include reflections that went beyond my personal role at the time. So, I am realizing that I limited a lot of my creative juices by seeing through that particular lens.

So, today, I am officially liberating this blog to contain and all rants, commentaries, ponderings, complaints, hopes, fears and joys that I deem fit to record. I don't necessarily care who reads them as long as they seek to find a nugget of truth, a sparkle of inspiration, or at least a glimmer of a new thought or a new idea that could make his or her life a little better. I can't promise you'll like everything you see on here. I can't even promise you will understand it. But, I have decided that a personal journal is only useful for therapy and emotional vomiting but a blog can take that otherwise internal and selfish babble and turn it into a collective discussion or at least a raised awareness among the people that I care about and that care about me. So, I am officially liberating this blog as an extension of my personal commitment to documenting my life and invite you all to come along for the ride.

More reflections to follow.

No comments: